History

The Hotel Granada was originally built in 1922 by Mr. and Mrs. Remage who operated it as such for forty-six years. It was located next to the Elmo Theatre, which was the town’s premier Vaudeville venue.  At once thought to be an enclave for traveling artists and actors during the Vaudeville era, rumor is the hotel rooms were rented by the hour in the 1920’s, contributing to San Luis Obispo’s brothel business for many years of its operation.